How to make a referral
Make a referral to our community services
To make a referral to our community advocacy services for yourself or someone else, please download, complete and return our Community Advocacy referral form*.
Make a referral to our Gateshead statutory services
We provide the following statutory advocacy services to people in Gateshead:
- Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA)
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)
- Independent Care Act Advocate (ICAA)
- Relevant Person's Representative (RPR)
If you would like information about making a referral to our statutory services please go to our Guidance.
*This is a Microsoft Word document that downloads best from Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. If you have difficulty downloading the form please email us at email@example.com or telephone 0191 235 7013 and we will email a copy to you.
Make a referral to our individual contract
We aim to support people whenever we can, so we can arrange bespoke contracts for anyone who falls outside of the current project criteria.
We offer advocacy on an individually funded basis and can negotiate terms and conditions to suit the person’s needs.
There are no limits to us providing advocacy support on an individual basis. To give you an idea of the kind of contracts we currently deliver they include:
- Out-of-area statutory contracts, e.g. (we can provide a Relevant Person’s Representative for local authorities where it is not cost effective to use their local advocacy provider if the distance is too great.)
- Advocacy for personal injury claimants
- Advocacy and representation in court hearings e.g. (Child Protection or Community Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
- Specialist advocacy for people hospitalised with autism.
Our team is trained in the Mental Capacity, Mental Health and Care Act s with specialist knowledge in non-instructed advocacy, brain injury, neurological conditions. We also have expertise in the team to work effectively with BAME communities. We offer choice in advocates to ensure a good match in all our individual contracts.
If you or someone you know would like an advocate for something that isn’t already mentioned please contact us for more details.
To find out more
If you would like to find out more about our advocacy support or to discuss making a referral to any of our services, please get in touch in one of the following ways:
Telephone: 0191 235 7013
Post: Third Floor, Higham House, Higham Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AF