Thus fund seeks to support community projects based and working in the North East of England or Cumbria tackling food poverty or employability.
- Groups must be based and working in the location of a Newcastle Building Society Branch
- Project must be able to start within 3 months of receipt of the grant (flexibility for any further Covid-19 restrictions).
- The amount applied for must mean the project can go ahead (not part funding for a larger project)
The fund will support activities, sessional staff costs and volunteer expenses, project resources and equipment, events outings and trips (Covid19 restrictions permitting). It will not support:
- Statutory activities including lessons or curriculum time teaching costs or resources
- Foreign travel
- Items given as gifts or for permanent personal use (e.g. clothing; technology)