This is the second round of the Local Connections Fund, a £4 million investment designed to help small charities and community groups working to reduce loneliness by building community connections across England.
- The closing date for applications has now been extended to 20th August
- If you received funding in Round 1, you will now also be eligible to apply for funding in Round 2
The National Lottery Community Fund, the largest funder of community activity in the UK, is investing £2 million into this second round of funding. This will be used to fund hundreds of ‘microgrants’ between £300 and £2,500, so small, local organisations (with an annual income of £50,000 or less) can bring people and communities together.
By a ‘community’, they mean people:
- living in the same area - like a city, town or street, or
- who share characteristics - like beliefs, values, interests or faith, or
- who can be grouped together in some other way.
Two rounds of funding
- The Local Connections Fund has been split into two equal rounds of funding. The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) provided the first £2 million, which was distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund and completed at the end of March 2021.
- The second round of funding is provided by The National Lottery Community Fund.