A learning programme and match funding grant are available for leaders of heritage organisations in the UK.
- Free learning online programme made up of 8 full learning days, 4 half day Action Learning Sets, and 4 webinars spread between October 2021 and June 2022.
- A Trade Back grant of up to £10,000 to help develop the project. The Trade Back grant matches grant payments against increases in the applicant organisation’s income from trading.
- Peer support from a network of like-minded people, who meet regularly to discuss and develop their plans and work through their challenges.
The programme takes heritage to mean the narratives, traditions, objects, spaces and places that are inherited from past generations, maintained in the present, and handed down to future generations.
Heritage sector organisations are those whose primary purpose it is to protect, preserve, or promote these traditions, practices, and spaces. These may include, for example:
- Organisations that protect historical buildings, sites, artefacts or natural environments for public benefit
- Organisations that promote the cultural heritage of a community, keeping alive traditions and cultural history through art, music, theatre, archives or education.