The funding is for environmental charities and their partners with projects that are ready to deliver and focus on nature restoration, nature-based solutions and connecting people with nature, delivering against the goals of the Government’s 25 Year Environment Plan (25YEP), whilst helping to sustain and build capacity in the sector.
There are two deadlines:
- 24 September 2020 (noon) - expressions of interest for grants of £250,000 to £5 million
- 2 October 2020 (noon) - applications for grants of £50,000 to £250,000.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Environmental charities - not-for-profit organisations such as a charitable incorporated organisation or company limited by guarantee, registered with the Charity Commission. The organisation’s principal aims (or charitable objectives) will be concerned with the protection or improvement of the natural environment.
- Partnerships involving at least one environmental charity - In addition to at least one environmental charity, partnerships can include:
- Other not-for-profit organisations, including non-environmental charities.
- AONBs, National Park Authorities, local authorities and universities, however these bodies can only use the grant funding to cover certain costs.
- ‘For-profit organisations’ (for example utility companies) however these bodies cannot be the lead applicant or receive any of the grant funding.