Job or Trustee?
Crossings Community Group are seeking a Trustee Treasurer to join their team.
We are a small local charity which supports asylum seekers, refugees, and migrants to come together with the local community through music. We do this by providing a safe welcoming space for people to come and sing, or learn to play an instrument and make music together. All are welcome and many participants are complete beginners. Some come simply to socialise. Helping people relax and increase their feelings of well-being is a very important part of our mission. In normal times we have free weekly sessions with paid tutors, instruments are provided and transport costs are refunded for those in need. Experiences are shared and friendships formed which help to alleviate some of the stressful situations which are frequently encountered. There is a team of dedicated volunteers who help run sessions and there is always a warm welcome to anyone to join this team.
- You will liaise with the Project Co-ordinator to ensure that all financial transactions, including the management of petty cash, are documented appropriately.
- You will be responsible for making payments, to freelance staff and volunteers on receipt of invoices or receipts, for hours worked and/or legitimate expenses. You will also oversee cash payments for travel expenses for low income members on benefits.
- You will attend at least 6 board meetings a year to give a brief financial summary, and if not attending, send a written summary.
- At the AGM you will liaise with the Project Co-ordinator to prepare a full financial report for the year.
Personal Specifications - Please note: financial skills are essential.
- Experience of book-keeping, managing accounts or other relevant skills to help with our financial management.
- Have a strong desire to help and support the refugee, asylum seeker and migrant community become an accepted and valued part of the Tyneside community.
- Have the ability and desire to bring your own personal experience and voice to work with other trustees, tutors volunteers and members to plan and expand the project in the future.
- Are are able to commit to the time necessary for the role.
What we offer in return
A fantastic opportunity to make a difference in an area that matters to you, and to actively influence the direction of the project while improving your own skills and adding to your experience. You will be part of a lively multi-cultural community using music to build bridges and break down barriers in which members share songs and music from their own cultural backgrounds.
How to apply
Crossings Community Group is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity to ensure that we reflect the full breadth of the people we collaborate with. We would especially welcome applications from refugees, asylum seekers and migrants as they are currently under-represented on our board.
- Send an email which includes how you fit the criteria outlined above and why you are applying for the role.
- Attach a CV, if you have one, to outline any relevant professional experience for this role.
- Email them to crossingscommunitygroup@gmail.
- If you would like an informal chat with our Chair please call Tel: 07746454038.