Connected Voice brings together the voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations serving North East England with the first of our Spring 2021 Networking Events.
In accordance with COVID-19 restrictions, we're delivering this event by Zoom.
In advance of International Womens' Day 2021, this time we're focusing on the variety of ways that women have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic - and lockdown restrictions- here in the North-East. After careful consideration about our role in supporting VCSE organisations, rather than individuals, we have taken the decision that this will not be a women-only event - it's important that everyone delivering VCSE services understands and can respond to key issues affecting women.
Introduced by our Chief Executive Lisa Goodwin, and hosted by Connected Voice trustee and CEO of Tyneside Women's Health, we have put together a brilliant range of speakers, including:
- Poppy Orton, a young poet from Gateshead Young Womens' Outreach Project
- Ann Dymyd - NIWE Eating Distress Service
- Nikki McCann from Gateshead Carers
- Newcastle Carers
- Busola Afolabi - Success4All
- Road To Recovery Trust
- Justine Massingham- Grants Manager from the Greggs Foundation
- Workshops with very practical outcomes for your own organisation..
- An opportunity for you to contribute to a quickfire round of organisations who will have two minutes to share what they're doing.
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectedVoice_ and use #WomenAndCovidNE for the latest news